Brian M. Davies
- Professional Liability Defense
Brian Davies is an associate in Hayes Scott’s San Carlos office. Before joining Hayes Scott, Brian worked as a Deputy District Attorney for the Colusa County District Attorney’s Office, at Sedgwick LLP as part of the toxic torts and complex litigation practice groups, and at J. Supple Law, PC.
Brian’s practice focuses on the defense of Health Care Professionals. He represents health care providers, including hospitals, physicians, nurses, and others providing medical care in disputes involving claims of medical malpractice, elder and dependent adult abuse and neglect, emotional distress, and wrongful death. Brian has conducted trials and has experience managing complex issues for clients through all phases of litigation, including mediation and arbitration.
Brian graduated from the University of San Francisco, School of Law after obtaining his Bachelor’s in Political Science from the University of California, San Diego. He was selected as a member of the inaugural class of LTC Power Lawyers, an exclusive national group of trial lawyers representing long-term health care providers. He is also a graduate of the Sedgwick Trial Academy. Brian’s writing has been published by the International Association of Defense Counsel, Westlaw 360, and other legal outlets.
Brian is licensed to practice before all courts of the State of California and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2011
- Honors: Witkin Award for Highest Grade in Torts and Legal Research and Writing
- Honors: Moot Court Best Oral Argument Award
- Honors: USF Law Review and Maritime Law Journal
- Honors: National Moot Court Competition Team
- Honors: Rich Patent Law Competition Team
- University of California, San Diego
- B.A. - 2007
- Major: Political Science - Public Law
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Pi Kappa Alpha