Dara M. Tang's practice focuses on commercial litigation, with a special emphasis on business tort claims, breach of technology license agreements and other contract disputes, and insurance bad faith litigation.
Dara also handles business formation and filings for corporate clients, and advises them regarding all aspects of their contractual agreements including, drafting, negotiation, enforceability and protection of intellectual property rights.
In addition to her commercial litigation and corporate practice, Dara handles intellectual property issues, including trademark, copyright, and patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, statutory and common law unfair competition, breach of technology license agreements and other disputes arising over intellectual property rights.
Dara is licensed to practice before all courts of the State of California, the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Eastern Districts, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Dara earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Political Science from the University of California at Los Angeles in 2000. She received her J.D. from Loyola Marymount Law School in 2003.
Dara is a member of the San Francisco County Bar Association, Asian American Bar Association, and Queen's Bench.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Bad Faith Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation and Transactions
- California, 2004
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2003
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 2000
- Honors: Dean's Honor List
- Major: Political Science
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
- Queen's Bench, Member
- Asian American Bar Association, Member