John S. Simonson graduated from Gonzaga University in 1969 and Hastings College of Law in 1973.
He was a member of Ropers, Majeski, Kohn & Bentley from 1973 to 2009. He started with Hayes Scott May 1, 2009.
John is a trial attorney primarily engaged in the defense of professional liability, catastrophic injury and personal injury cases.
He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) since 1986 and is board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocates since 1986, recertified in 2008.
Areas Of Practice
- Professional Liability
- Catastrophic Injury
- Personal Injury Cases
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocates (NBTA), 1986
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocates (NBTA), 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1973
- Gonzaga University
- B.S. - 1969
- Honors: cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member, 1986
- Association of Defense Counsel (ADC)
- National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA)
- San Mateo Superior Court Arbitration Panel
- State Bar of California
Past Employment Positions
- Ropers, Majeski, Kohn & Bentley, Member, 1973 to 2009