Stephen M. Hayes
- Complex Commercial
- Tort Litigation
- Insurers in Extra-Contractual
- Bad Faith Litigation
Stephen M. Hayes handles a wide variety of complex commercial and tort litigation, including the defense of insurers in extra-contractual and bad faith litigation.
Steve is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and elected to membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates. In addition, he is a member of the Northern California Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada, the International Association of Defense Counsel, the State Bar of California and the San Mateo County Bar Association. He often serves as a court appointed arbitrator and Judge Pro Tem for the San Mateo County Superior Court. He is admitted to practice before California State and federal courts including Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern districts.
Mr. Hayes has been a faculty member of the Foundation of the American Board of Trial Advocates' Masters in Trial program. He is a speaker for national seminars and has lectured on plaintiffs' trial and discovery tactics in bad faith litigation both for insurance industry groups and mandatory continuing legal education programs.
Mr. Hayes graduated from the University of California at Berkeley in 1975 and attended Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco, graduating in 1978.
- University of California College of the Law, San Francisco (formerly UC Hastings), San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1978
- University of California at Berkeley
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Northern California Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
Classes & Seminars
- Faculty Member, Masters in Trial Program, Foundation of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Lecture, Plaintiffs' Trial and Discovery Tactics in Bad Faith Litigation, Insurance Industry Groups and Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Programs
Current Employment Position