Benjamin L. Chen
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property Matters
- Insurance - Bad Faith
Benjamin Chen is an associate at Hayes Scott. Ben's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, intellectual property matters, and insurance bad faith cases.
Prior to joining Hayes Scott, Ben worked for a boutique firm specializing in intellectual property and business litigation matters.
Ben graduated cum laude from University of California, San Diego in 2013, earning a B.A. in Political Science and a minor in Economics.
Ben graduated from University of California, Davis King Hall School of Law in 2018. While attending law school, Ben served as the Editor-in-Chief of the UC Davis Journal of International Law & Policy. He was a Deans Merit Scholar, awarded the Witkin Award for Academic Excellence in Legal Research and Writing I in December 2015, and an Emerging Scholar featured in the Race + IP 2017 Conference. Ben was also a teaching assistant for UC Davis School of Law's Legal Research and Writing I course.
Ben is licensed to practice before all the courts of the State of California and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 2018
- Honors: Dean's Merit Scholarship
- Honors: Witkin Award for Legal Research and Writing I, December 2015
- Honors: Emerging Scholar, Race + IP 2017 Conference
- University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California
- B.A. - 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Alpha Delta
Current Employment Position